Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator Training
Childbirth educators or registered RYPT prenatal yoga instructors (200 hours) can become certified to teach the Spinning Babies® Parent Class to pregnant parents.
Dates and Locations
April 15 – 18
July 20 – 23
Oct. 14 – 17
Nov. 11 – 14
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Oct. 20 – 23, 2020
When certified, you will be able to teach a 3-hour Spinning Babies® Parent Class module to pregnant parents.
“Why do I love teaching Spinning Babies® Parent Classes so much?! Because it works! The stories I hear or have the opportunity to witness – successful VBACs, challenging births helped along by Spinning Babies techniques, more comfortable pregnancies through daily essential practice and implementation of the Three Sisters of Balance… this tangible, practical, useful knowledge that connects women and partners to their babies and bodies… It’s exciting! I love sharing it and want all expecting parents to have these tools!”
Shanna Baker Switzer
Earn exclusive access:
- 4-day In-person training, plus
- Extensive Teacher Manual
- Listing on www.SpinningBabies.com
- Certified Parent Educator’s own logo
- Parent materials
- Mentoring webinars
- Affiliate program sales commission
“Wow! I’m still processing all of the information Gail Tully and Jennifer Walker shared with us. It was a day filled with magic and passing of wisdom. I’m so excited to share this knowledge with my clients & experience how these techniques work in the birth room!”
“It is such an honor & privilege to be a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator, improving pregnancy and birth experiences for parents in our local community… Gail Tully has created a program that really works!”
“There are no words. I just can’t put into words what this weekend is doing and has already given to me. I’m so very thankful to be a part of a group of women who understand birth and are willing to share. Just in awe.”
“I really enjoyed the Parent Educator workshop! I equally enjoy your presence, your energy and your style of teaching.”
Do you qualify to become a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator?
There are two ways to qualify.
Please review requirements before registering. Have your documents ready to upload.
Open to Certified Childbirth Educators, Registered Prenatal Yoga instructors (200 hours) and non-certified childbirth educators who have taught at least five childbirth education classes.
There are two paths to qualify.
- CERTIFIED CHILDBIRTH EDUCATOR
- Or are a Registered Prenatal Yoga Instructor (200-hour plus 85-hours prenatal)
Action: Upload a scan or photo of your Certificate.
2. NON CERTIFIED, NOT CURRENTLY CERTIFIED CHILDBIRTH EDUCATOR or NOT on our list below
Action: A non-certified childbirth educator, or a childbirth educator from an organization which is not on our list of approved childbirth education organizations, may prove competency by uploading
a.) A class list of 5 group classes. Include a letter from a supervisor validating that you have taught 5 classes as a childbirth educator at their hospital, yoga center, agency or business.
b.) A letter from a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator who can affirm they know you have done the steps above in “a.)” above.
c.) Image of certificate expired within 2 years of active certification. If longer than 2-years, provide proof of 5 group classes as listed in “a.)” above.
What is not acceptable as validation:
- A website or social media page
- A colleague’s letter who is not one of the above.
- Education for clients within the practice of a midwife or chiropractor
Who is not eligible to take this training?
- Someone who is not a childbirth educator
- A doula who hasn’t taught at least 5 group childbirth education classes
- A nurse who hasn’t taught at least 5 group childbirth education classes
- A midwife, chiropractor or other professional who teaches client workshops but not comprehensive childbirth education. Midwives, Nurses, and bodyworkers may want to take a Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner Workshop or approved substitute.
Prerequisites for Certified Parent Educators
Spinning Babies® Workshop
- One Spinning Babies® Workshop must be completed before applying.
- It must be within three calendar years of the SpBCPE Training.
Spinning Babies® Workshop comes in three varieties:
- 1-day Spinning Babies® Workshop
- One 1-day Spinning Babies® Integration workshop
- 2-day Spinning Babies® Workshop
Not accepted: Labor and Birth with Spinning Babies®, or a shorter workshop or conference presentation
List of Approved Childbirth Education Certifications
- Academy of Certified Birth Educators
- Active Birth
- BIA Doula
- Birth Arts International
- Birth Boot Camp
- Birthing From Within
- BACE Certified Childbirth Educator (BCCE) Childbirth and Postpartum
- Bradley Method® Husband Coached Childbirth
- Professional Association (CAPPA) Childbirth International
- Childbirth And Parenting Educators of Australia (CAPEA)
- Douglas College Childbirth Educators Training Program
- HypnoBirthing (attach the additional Birth Basics component to be eligible)
- Informed Beginnings
- International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA)
- Istanbul Doğum Akademisi (Istanbul Birth Academy)
- JJ Doula (now BiA Doula)
- JJWay Childbirth Educator Course 1240
- Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE)
- National Childbirth Trust NCT Preparation for Birth and Beyond
- Prepared Childbirth Educators, Inc.
- The Leclaire Method – Mindful Pregnancy to Labor
Did we miss a wonderful, comprehensive childbirth education program? Send us an email!
Which programs are not eligible as a pre-requisite?
- Evidence Based Birth (highly recommended, but not a CBE program)
- HypnoBirthing without Birth Basics addition
- Online only childbirth education training
Remember, you can use the Non Certified Childbirth Educator pathway
Once you are fully registered for the Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator Training there are several steps to complete before the in-person training. Allow time to complete steps.
What support does Spinning Babies give their Certified Parent Educator’s?
- Your photo and link on www.SpinningBabies.com
- Special badge for Certified Parent Educator’s website
- Licensed slideshow
- Parent eBook and downloads
- Affiliate program with special percentage
Early Bird tickets are limited and sell quickly — Save $100 by registering today!
APPLY & REGISTER
Step 1. Fill out the 10 question form at this link which includes uploading your document that proves you are certified as a childbirth educator, or prenatal yoga instructor, or providing the proof that you have taught 5 group childbirth education classes if you are not certified.
Step 2. We will review your application and upon acceptance, you will be sent the link to register for the training.
Step 3. Receive and sign the Parent Educator agreement with Spinning Babies®.
All steps are necessary to complete registration.
*Please note all CPE Trainings and materials are currently only available in English and Portuguese.
Please, make sure you have read about the certification process before applying and registering.