Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator Training
Childbirth Educators, DONA or Childbirth International Certified Birth Doulas and registered RYPT prenatal yoga instructors can now become certified to teach Spinning Babies to pregnant parents.
Spinning Babies preparation and labor progress positions may transform your students’ birth experiences.
St. Paul, MN USA
April 13 – 15 or July 20 – 22
Prerequisite Spinning Babies® Workshop April 12 in same venue
São Paulo, Brazil
Sept. 10 – 12
Prerequisite Spinning Babies® Workshop Sept. 5 and 6th at SIA Parto + Spinning Babies® Conference
Boston, MA USA
Oct. 26 – 28
Prerequisite Spinning Babies® Workshop Oct. 25 in same venue
Europe (City TBA)
Prerequisite Spinning Babies® Workshop in same venue the day immediately before the training
Now accepting registrations for April 13 – 15 and
July 20 – 22, 2018 trainings in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Please review requirements before registering. Have your documents ready as pdf.s to upload.
Accurately and effectively teach the Spinning Babies® Parent Class to your students
When certified, you will be able to teach Spinning Babies® to pregnant parents
Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator Training:
- Three-day, in-person training, plus
- Live Welcome Webinar, plus
- Streaming video of “Spinning Babies; Parent Class”
- Test yourself with the “Spinning Babies; Parent Class” video
- Teacher Manual
- Scholarship opportunity for a qualifying Childbirth Educator of Color
Earn exclusive access, included in cost:
- Listed and linked on www.SpinningBabies.com
- Logo powered promotional materials
- Special Logo for Certified Parent Educator’s website
- Licensed slideshow
- Parent eBook and downloads
- Four mentoring webinars
- Affiliate program with special percentage
Do you quality to become a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator?
There are two paths to qualify.
1. CERTIFIED Childbirth Educators, Doulas and Prenatal Yoga Instructors
A. Certified Childbirth Educator – see list of approved CBE Certifications at bottom of page
B. Certified Doula – training must have had strong childbirth ed component such as DONA, CBI & CAPPA.
C. Registered RYPT Prenatal Yoga Instructor
If you are certified you only need one document when you register – Upload a scan or photo of your Certificate from one of these certifying bodies. That’s it – simply upload and then register.
2. NON CERTIFIED Childbirth Educators
Show adequate experience instead of certification
- Resume: Upload resume including your birth education experience and birth related education.
- Upload a list of the five most recent group CBE classes or one-on-one CBE classes pregnant parents. Please include:
- Title of each class, such as “Blissful Birth Class”
- Start dates and length, such as “2016, March 4th, 4 weeks” or “Jan. 27, 2018”
- Location of each class, such as Client’s home, NYC or Blooma Yoga, Minneapolis
- Number of people in the class. One-on-one education must be childbirth preparation.
3. Choose one of these three different ways to verify your five classes:
a. Upload one file containing class sign-in sheets, if no signatures, include active email (and phone numbers if US phone). Sign-in sheets must have the date and your name on them as the teacher for these as many of these are group classes. or
b. A brief letter from a supervisor validating that you have taught up to 5 classes as a childbirth educator at their hospital, yoga center, agency or business.
c. You can do a combination of the above. If you can show me how you are teaching parents in another way, you can propose that method and I’ll consider accepting it.
Two full-day Spinning Babies® Workshops
We ask you take two of our workshops before coming to let the paradigm and the explanations settle and weave into your work. One of these can be taken the day immediately before the SpBCPE Training offered in the same venue. See registration for details. *Note – any Spinning Babies Aware Practitioner on our listing has their two workshops.
- One Spinning Babies® Workshop must be completed before applying.
- The second workshop can be the Spinning Babies® Workshop taken the day before our 3-day training.
- One must be within three calendar years of the SpBCPE Training. (2015 or later for 2018 workshops)
- Prerequisite Spinning Babies® Workshop will be held either the day before or soon before at or near the training venue (Sept. 5 or 6th In Sao Paulo, Brazil)
Examples of workshop combinations of 2 workshops that qualify:
- Two 1-day Spinning Babies® Workshops
- One 1-day Spinning Babies® Workshop and one Spinning Babies® Integration workshop
- One 1-day Spinning Babies® Workshop & one 2-day Spinning Babies® Workshop
- Two 2-day Spinning Babies® Workshops
- Not accepted; a shorter workshop or conference presentation
Test and Scope
Once you are registered for the Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Education Training view our Parent Class video while you answer the test questions.We will include the video download when you are fully registered. The cost is included in registration.
- Pass a test covering the Spinning Babies® Parent Class video (stream or download included in registration)
- Sign the Code of Ethics and Scope of Practice agreement
To be certified as a Spinning Babies® Parent Educator:
- Complete two Spinning Babies® Workshops
- Take the SpBCPE Training
Attend all three days completely
Provide to the Spinning Babies Office the following:
- Your name, dates and locations of your first three classes
- Signed attendance sheets from each class
- Completed evaluations (provided in training) from your participants
Complete evals within two years of the training.
Mailing option: Combine all evals from all three class in one large envelope and mail to Spinning Babies.
Email option: Combine all evals from each class as a single pdf.
Digital: We provide a google form for online submission of evaluations (Preferred).
Maintain Your Certification and Listing On Spinning Babies Website
- Join in on any or all of the 4 mentoring-style webinars throughout the first year of your teaching
- Use Spinning Babies® brand and teaching agreements fairly and correctly
- Renew your certification as a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator (SpBCPE) each year. Annual $100 USD fee includes a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator online continuing education course with continuing education credit (CEUs).