Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator Training
Childbirth educators can now become certified to teach Spinning Babies to pregnant parents.
Spinning Babies preparation and labor progress positions may transform your students’ birth experiences.
St. Paul, MN USA
April 13 – 15 & July 20 – 22
Prerequisite Spinning Babies® Workshops April 12 and July 19 at training venue
São Paulo, Brazil
Sept. 10 – 12
Prerequisite Spinning Babies® Workshop Sept. 9 at training venue
Boston, MA USA
Oct. 26 – 28
Prerequisite Spinning Babies® Workshop Oct. 11 at training venue
Europe (City TBA)
Prerequisite Spinning Babies® Workshop also at training venue
Now accepting applications April 13 – 15 and
July 20 – 22, 2018 trainings in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Please review all requirements below before submitting an application.
Three-day in person training
Join highly skilled Spinning Babies® Approved Trainers and other childbirth educators for intensive training on how to accurately and effectively teach the Spinning Babies® Parent Curriculum to your students.
When certified, you will be able to teach Spinning Babies® as part of your childbirth education classes, and as a stand alone class to parents.
Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator Training Includes
Three-day, in-person Parent Educator Training, plus
Pre-training live webinar, plus
Four post-training group mentoring sessions, plus
Streaming code for “Spinning Babies; Parent Class” video for your study
Test of knowledge using the “Spinning Babies; Parent Class” video
The cost of the training also includes:
After successful certification, Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educations (SpBCPEs) have exclusive access to/will receive:
Certification to teach Spinning Babies® Parent Education as part of your childbirth education classes or as a stand alone workshop
Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator (SpBCPE) listing on www.SpinningBabies.com
Use of logo for Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educators on Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator promotional material and images to post on your website
License to use Spinning Babies® Parent Class slideshow to teach (updated yearly)
Parent eBook access for you and your students
Parent handout downloads
SpBCPE percentage with Spinning Babies® Affiliate Program
We are currently accepting applications for the two Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator Trainings in St. Paul, Minnesota in 2018. The date options are April 13 – 15, 2018 or July 20 – 22, 2018.
Applications for São Paulo, Brazil – Sept. 10 – 12, Boston, MA USA – Oct. 26 – 28, and Europe – November (city and exact dates TBA) will open in early 2018.
Non-refundable application fee: $75.00 (USD)
Cost of 3-day training in St. Paul, Minnesota
April 13 – 15, 2-18 or July 20 – 22, 2018
Apply by January 10, 2018
Apply Jan. 11 – Feb. 11, 2018
Apply Feb. 12 or later
Pre-requisites for Spinning Babies® Certifed Parent Educators
Applying for our 3-day in-person training workshop is the first step in the process to become a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator. The application fee is non-refundable. Before you pay, please make sure you are eligible. You won’t get your money back if you aren’t eligible or you change your mind. To apply, you must meet the following criteria.
A. Show us your childbirth education qualifications
You will submit two files. One is a resume and one is proof of childbirth education experience.
- If You Are a Certified Childbirth Educator
- Upload a resume
- Upload a copy of your Childbirth Educator Certificate from one of the listed approved childbirth education training organizations.
- If You Are Not Certified, But Do Have Adequate Experience
- Upload a resume including:
- Education: List birth and education related training
- Experience: Describe all related teaching experience
- For the 10 most recent group CBE classes you taught, list the:
- Title of each class, such as “Birth Class”
- Start dates and length, such as “2016, March 4th, 4 weeks”
- Location of each class, such as NYC or Blooma Yoga Studio
- Total number of of pregnant individuals/couples per class
Upload one file containing all 10 class sign-in sheets with signatures/initials of class participants (parents). Qualifying classes must have had 4 or more pregnant individuals/couples in the class. Sign-in sheets must have the date and your name on them as the teacher for these ten CBE group classes. If your business name appears on the sign-in sheets without your name, add a document showing you are the business owner or that you contract there as a childbirth educator.*Instead of signed sign-in sheets, we will accept:
a. Promotional fliers and website screenshots paired with dated, unsigned, sign-in sheets & evaluations for each class
b. A letter from your supervisor validating that you have taught ten different classes as a childbirth educator at their hospital, yoga center, agency or business
- Upload a resume including:
B. Two full-day Spinning Babies® Workshops
- Both must be completed before training
- One Spinning Babies Workshop must be completed before applying.
- The second one can be the Spinning Babies® Workshop offered the day before training.
- One must be within two calendar years of the SpBCPE Training. (2016 or later for 2018 workshops)
- Two 1-day Spinning Babies® Workshops
- One 1-day Spinning Babies® Workshop & one 2-day Spinning Babies® Workshop
- Two 2-day Spinning Babies® Workshops
- Not accepted: a shorter workshop or conference presentation
C. Written references
Upload one file containing all four reference letters.
- Letters from two colleagues with whom you have worked
- Letters from two parents who were students in your group childbirth education courses
- These references should be able to speak to your experience and skills as a childbirth educator
- Once your application is reviewed and meets the prerequisites, you will be invited participate in the Application Phase Webinar provided by Spinning Babies®.
- This webinar is the final step before registering for the 3-day SpBCPE Training.
Once the number of applicants is at capacity for a training, we will start a waiting list. Put your name on the waiting list if you want a chance to receive notice of an opening in the training. If there is an opening you will have limited time to submit your application before we contact the next person on the list.
Please do not apply if you don’t meet the criteria listed above.
Once your application is accepted and you have participated in the group webinar with Spinning Babies® you will be invited to register for the 3-day SpBCPE Training. You are also welcome to register for any alternate training that has open seats.
After you are registered for the Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Education Training you will need to:
- Pass a test covering the Spinning Babies® Parent Class video (stream or download).
- Sign the Code of Ethics and Scope of Practice agreements.
- Attend an online webinar with trainers.
To Complete Certification:
- Attend all three days completely.
- For the first three classes, report dates and locations to Spinning Babies office.
- Provide to Spinning Babies the sign-in sheet and evaluations from each class participant from the first three parent classes you teach. If this step isn’t completed within two years of the training, you will have to repeat the 3-day training. Do not forget to send in evals (mail or email). We can alternatively provide a google form for online submission of evaluations.
Correct and legal use of Spinning Babies® brand.
Annual renewal of your certification as a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator (SpBCPE) is required. You must pay the annual fee online and complete a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator online continuing education course (included in $150 fee).