How may I share Spinning Babies®?
Thank you for your interest in helping Spinning Babies® Change Birth on Earth!
Spinning Babies® offers courses for deeper understanding of the Spinning Babies® Paradigm. Official affiliation is available at this time with Certified Parent Educators, Aware Practitioners and Approved Trainers. Each path offers a something unique. Please find more information below.
First, please read the following to be in tune with our community:
Spinning Babies® Workshop
Our main workshop introduces the Spinning Babies® approach in a one- or two-day experience. The curriculum is similar but two-days allows more hands-on experiential learning and a couple more techniques. They are considered the same for the purpose of eligibility for future workshops. This workshop is for birth professionals, such as midwives, doctors, childbirth educators, doulas, prenatal yoga teachers, bodyworkers, and nurses offering antenatal care. After this workshop you will be able to share techniques one-on-one with your clients. Read about using “Spinning Babies” name or service marks (SM) to describe your work (or something you offer) is not a public right. Take an advanced training to earn a license for a particular way to use Spinning Babies® in your business.
Take the main workshop before registering for the Aware Practitioner Workshop or Parent Educator Training.
Even if you don’t go on to another level of training, our main workshop helps you transform your practice.
We ask you to take the main workshop a couple months before applying to an advanced topic to allow for time at births or serving pregnant people between workshops so you can gain experience with Spinning Babies®. You may then like to take the Integration Workshop to go further in depth on the same topics. Some will take the main workshop twice.
A scholarship spot is available in all workshops for Birth Workers of Color. Please contact the Spinning Babies® Approved Trainer listed as the faculty of the workshop. For 4-day Workshops, we have a simple BWOC form. Find a workshop on our events page.
Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner
With this designation, a bodyworker, midwife, nurse, or doctor shows proficiency in fetal positioning within their specialty. The Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner has learned hands-on applications and protocols for fetal positioning, pregnancy comfort and overcoming stalls in labor. Practitioners follow their professional scope of practice.
When an experienced provider attends a Spinning Babies® Workshop and the Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner Workshop they are eligible to apply for the Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner Listing on this website. This is not a license for teaching our material, but rather to enhance the hands on skills you already do. Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioners may promote themselves and their services using the Spinning Babies name and designation on their website when linking to us. Learn more.
Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educators
A Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator teaches our structured Spinning Babies® Parent Class in group and one-on-one education. Spinning Babies® Parent Educators are listed on SpinningBabies.com, and use Spinning Babies® curriculum to teach pregnant parents and logo to describe this Parent Class. Enhance the childbirth education career you already have as a Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator. This is not a license to train doulas or professional colleagues/providers or to speak publicly about Spinning Babies®. Learn more.
Spinning Babies® Approved Trainers
- Is or has recently been a provider of physiological birth care, skills in supporting a natural childbirth in various situations (long labor, VBAC, back labor without epidural, etc.).
- Is an experienced teacher of professionals who uses props and stories to illustrate abstract concepts in group settings.
- Is a community leader and activist. Shows evidence of being that person who others turn to for knowledge and networking. (local and national development, international speaker, etc.). Contributions of thought, conversation and action to SpB.
- Business skills, independent business person who can handle themselves, contribute, and promotional talents.
- Shows integration of Spinning Babies® paradigm in their physiological birth practice, has stories of testimonies from their own use of Spinning Babies® and understands and can explain how and why the techniques chosen were successful. For instance, identified and solved a lack of engagement in labor, a deep transverse arrest, etc.