How may I share Spinning Babies®?
Thank you for your interest in helping Spinning Babies Change Birth on Earth!
We offer the foundational Spinning Babies® Worksop and have several advanced courses for deeper understanding and official affiliation with Spinning Babies which include Certified Parent Educators, Aware Practitioners and Approved Trainers. Each path offers a something unique. Please find more information below.
First, please read #s 1 and 2 to be in tune with our community.
3. Spinning Babies® Workshop
This is the basic workshop to introduce the Spinning Babies® approach. 7 hours. This workshop is for birth professionals, not pregnant people (unless you are a pregnant birth professional). All those working with pregnant people are welcome, such as doulas, midwives, doctors, childbirth educators, prenatal yoga teachers, chiropractors and bodyworkers, and nurses doing triage in antenatal. After this workshop you will be able to share techniques one-on-one with your clients. Using “Spinning Babies” name or our service marks in a class, webpage, url, or curriculum is not a public right. You must take our advanced workshops and trainings to become certified to teach Spinning Babies® and be listed on the website.
This workshop is required before attending the Aware Practitioner Workshop (#4) or Parent Educator Training (#5) and before Approved Trainer Training (#6 – only by invitation at this time). It helps to allow time at births or serving pregnant people between workshops so you can gain experience with Spinning Babies before taking advanced workshops/trainings. A scholarship spot is available in all workshops for birth workers of color. Please contact the Spinning Babies® Approved Trainer listed as the faculty of the workshop for more info. Find a workshop here.
4. Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner
With this designation, a bodyworker, midwife, nurse or doctor shows proficiency in fetal positioning within their specialty. The Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner has learned hands-on applications and protocols for fetal positioning, pregnancy comfort and overcoming stalls in labor. Practitioners follow their professional scope of practice.
When an experienced provider attends a Spinning Babies® Workshop (#3) and the Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner Workshop they are eligible to apply for the Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioner Listing on this website. This is not a license for teaching providers the Spinning Babies® Workshop and this is not the Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator designation or license. Spinning Babies® Aware Practitioners may promote themselves and their services using the Spinning Babies name and designation on their website when linking to us.
Read more here.
5. Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educators
A Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educator teaches our structured Spinning Babies® Parent Class in group and one-on-one education. Spinning Babies Parent Educators are listed on SpinningBabies.com, and use Spinning Babies curriculum to teach pregnant parents. Enhance your established childbirth education offerings with a Spinning Babies Parent Class module. Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educators may promote themselves and their services using the Spinning Babies name, logo and designation on their website. This is not a license to train doulas or professional colleagues/providers. This is for childbirth educators who are already giving classes.
Learn more here.
6. Spinning Babies® Approved Trainers
- Is or has recently been a provider of physiological birth care, experience in supporting a natural childbirth in various situations (long labor, VBAC, back labor without epidural, etc.).
- Is an experienced teacher who uses props and stories to illustrate abstract concepts in group settings.
- Is a community leader in a birth topic. Shows evidence of being that person who others turn to for knowledge and networking. (President of a non-profit, runs a resource center, speaker, etc.)
- Business skills and able to fill workshops by their own promotional talents.
- Shows integration of Spinning Babies in their physiological birth care practice, has stories of testimonies from their own use of Spinning Babies and understands and can explain how and why the techniques chosen were successful. For instance, identified and solved a lack of engagement in labor, or a deep transverse arrest, etc.
We suggest anyone interested in becoming a trainer attend the Spinning Babies® Workshop and Aware Practitioner Workshop or Parent Educator Training and develop a relationship with Spinning Babies. Teaching is the most important skill after use of the approach. Develop your teaching and community action in a team-building style. Be the go-to person in your circles.