- This event has passed.
Oslo, Norway- Spinning Babies® Workshop w/Jennifer Walker- March 7 & 8, 2019
March 7 @ 10:00 am - March 8 @ 6:00 pm CET
SPINNING BABIES WORKSHOP
Thursday 7. and Friday 8. March 2019, at 10.00–18.00
Approved Spinning Babies Trainer Jennifer Walker will be teaching Spinning Babies-techniques at this workshop. The participants will learn how to identify and help pregnant and birthing women with a new approach to comfort, pain relief, fetal positioning, and labor progress. They will learn to blend birthwork and bodywork into a new stream of birth awareness.
This workshop is for childbirth educators, doulas, midwives, nurses, doctors. Body workers (chiropractors, osteopaths, physiotherapist etc.) that are working with pregnant women are also welcome. Content is not highly technical, but does require the basic knowledge of stages of labor, fetal positions and having attended a few births.
Day one will focus on anatomy and working with clients during pregnancy. Day two will focus on understanding labour progress and exploring a new metaphor for birth. The workshop is very hands on, you will be able to integrate the information through practice.
* A new premise for labor preparation.
* Practice activities for pregnancy comfort, spontaneous birth as nature intended.
* Exploration of the role of «Soft Tissues» in pregnancy, labor, and fetal position (muscles, ligaments, connective tissue).
* Common effects of posterior position on pregnancy and labor
* Fetal Positioning and labor progress with the 3 Principles of Balance, Gravity and Movement.
* Resolving the stalled labor through the Three Levels Of The Pelvis; pelvic mobility and soft tissues release.
* Physiological position changes to open each level of the pelvis
* Listening to labor– OA & OP labors compared to “Baby really won’t fit”
* Avoidance of cesarean and other interventions.
* Identifying a stall in labor via labor pattern and being able to match the technique.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Jennifer is a Canadian, living and working in Amsterdam for the past 16 years. She is a Childbirth International certified doula, who has also done extensive training with Debra Pascali-Bonaro. She has been a member of the NBvD (Dutch Doula Association) since its inception and is one of the most experienced doulas in the Netherlands.
Jennifer is teaching many doulastudents in her own doulatraining in Amsterdam. She is also an Approved Spinning Babies Trainer, training midwives, doctors, childbirth educators and doulas locally and internationally.
She has her HBO diploma in Foundations of Western Medicine. In addition she has attended a multitude of continuing education courses, learning from experts such as Elizabeth Davis, Ina May Gaskin, Barbara Harper, Verena Schmid, Penny Simkin, Gail Tully and Anna Verwaal.
She is the mother of two children.
NOK 4300 for the 2 days workshop with lunch, fruits, coffee and tea included.
30 participants maximum – Babies in arms welcome.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, postal address and mobile number, and you will receive confirmation and invoice.