comfort in pregnancy & easier birth
Spinning Babies is an approach that uses maternal physiology & fetal positioning to ease pregnancy & birth.
Pregnant parents use this site and these videos to improve fetal position (breech, transverse, posterior) and their birth. You could be one of these parents.
Childbirth pain or cesarean surgery can be lessened. Enjoying birth can be possible now.
Every day I hear happy results:
- Back labor eased
- Breech babies that flip head down
- Transverse (sideways) babies suddenly turn head down – cesarean canceled!
- Posterior babies (sunny-side-up) rotate and/or descend
- First labors occurring regularly in 8 hours or less
- Cesareans canceled outside the OR when a last minute technique releases the baby
- More natural births and VBACs around the world!
Together we notice that when women restore the balance in their muscles and alignment in the pelvis, birth goes better.
What is Spinning Babies?
- Align the uterus so baby can curl and enter the pelvis as a small, compact – and more active participant.
- Release tight ligaments or muscles which may pull or twist may relieve pelvic pain now or discomfort during birth.
- Support what’s loose in womb or pelvis with a pregnancy belt.
- Open the pelvis to let baby move down during the birth process.
- Share birth wisdom with parents and providers in ever deepening layers of understanding birth
Gail Tully, CPM – Creator of Spinning Babies
I believe childbirth can be instinctual, pleasurable, and easier. How can I believe this when there is so much fear and talk about pain in labor? Why, some ask, would 1 in 3 American women birth by cesarean if birth was so natural?
Watching birth transform parents, powerfully and yes, sometimes pleasurably, for over 30 years, I’ve seen how helping fetal position and flexion lead to rotation and progress in labor. SpinningBabies.com is for parents, providers, doulas, and childbirth educators. Online since 2002.