Easier birth with fetal positioning.
Pregnant and birthing people use this site and these videos to improve fetal position (breech, transverse, posterior) and birth.
Activities for Pregnancy Comfort & Easier Birth
Gail Tully, midwife of Spinning Babies fame, along with Sarah Longacre, international prenatal yoga instructor and birth doula, offer a unique instructional video for comfort in pregnancy now, and flexibility for your upcoming birth. These daily activities begin balancing your pregnant body to make space for baby’s best birth position. Buy full video (79 min.)
Preparation for physiological birth
Not your usual childbirth class! Spinning Babies Parent Class shows you what to do for an easier birth with practical and detailed preparation to help baby in the best position to fit the pelvis and solutions when labor seems long, painful, or has a stall! And, if practiced daily, an easier labor and birth are likely. Buy full video (116 min.)
What is Spinning Babies?
- Align the uterus so baby can curl and enter the pelvis as a small, compact – and more active participant.
- Release tight ligaments or muscles which may pull or twist may relieve pelvic pain now or discomfort during birth.
- Support what’s loose in womb or pelvis with a pregnancy belt.
- Open the pelvis to let baby move down during the birth process.
- Share birth wisdom with parents and providers in ever deepening layers of understanding birth
Every day I hear happy results:
- Back labor eased
- Breech babies that flip head down
- Transverse (sideways) babies suddenly turn head down – cesarean canceled!
- Posterior babies (sunny-side-up) rotate and/or descend
- First labors occurring regularly in 8 hours or less
- Cesareans canceled outside the OR when a last minute technique releases the baby
- More natural births and VBACs around the world!
Together we notice that when women restore the balance in their muscles and alignment in the pelvis, birth goes better.
Gail Tully, CPM – Creator of Spinning Babies®
I believe childbirth can be instinctual, pleasurable, and easier. How can I believe this when there is so much fear and talk about pain in labor? Why, some ask, would 1 in 3 Americans birth by cesarean if birth was so natural?
Watching birth transform parents, powerfully and yes, sometimes pleasurably, for over 30 years, I’ve seen how helping fetal position and flexion lead to rotation and progress in labor. SpinningBabies.com is for parents, providers, doulas, and childbirth educators. Online since 2002.