Daily Essentials: Activities for Pregnancy Comfort & Easier Birth from Spinning Babies on Vimeo. Two half-hour daily routines. The first teaches you how to position yourself and why these exercises make birth easier. The second routine is a yoga yinyasa with words for confidence by Sarah Longacre, owner of Blooma yoga. There are lessons on maternal positioning (Rest Smart, Move Smart by Gail Tully) and avoiding sciatica in pregnancy! Download it today for comfort tonight!
Spinning Babies is an approach using new research and insights into anatomy and physiology with new and traditional techniques to reduce the need for surgical intervention. Self care activities such as daily stretches begin making space for the baby. Then baby can lead the way for an easier childbirth.
Spinning Babies Parent Class gives geek-level information to parents seeking to protect their natural birth option. Parents themselves are empowered to identify a normal labor from one that is stalled out, or shows signs of taking a long time. Partner-assisted techniques add comfort and ease now and in labor. Cesareans due to “failure to progress,” “baby-too-big,” fetal position, or long labor may be reduced with this information.
Every day I hear happy results:
- Back labor eased
- Breech babies that flip head down
- Transverse (sideways) babies suddenly turn head down – cesarean canceled!
- Posterior babies (sunny-side-up) rotate and/or descend
- First labors occurring regularly in 8 hours or less
- Cesareans canceled outside the OR when a last minute technique releases the baby
- More natural births and VBACs around the world!
Together we notice that when women restore the balance in their muscles and alignment in the pelvis, birth goes better.
What is Spinning Babies?
- Align the uterus so baby can curl and enter the pelvis as a small, compact – and more active participant.
- Release tight ligaments or muscles which may pull or twist may relieve pelvic pain now or discomfort during birth.
- Support what’s loose in womb or pelvis with a pregnancy belt.
- Open the pelvis to let baby move down during the birth process.
- Share birth wisdom with parents and providers in ever deepening layers of understanding birth
Gail Tully, CPM – Creator of Spinning Babies
I believe childbirth can be instinctual, pleasurable, and easier. How can I believe this when there is so much fear and talk about pain in labor? Why, some ask, would 1 in 3 American women birth by cesarean if birth was so natural?
Watching birth transform parents, powerfully and yes, sometimes pleasurably, for over 30 years, I’ve seen how helping fetal position and flexion lead to rotation and progress in labor. SpinningBabies.com is for parents, providers, doulas, and childbirth educators. Online since 2002.