Parents and providers use Spinning Babies to reduce pain, increase comfort, and help babies into a good position.
Spinning Babies is an approach using new research and insights into anatomy and physiology with new and traditional techniques to reduce the need for surgical intervention. Self care activities such as daily stretches begin making space for the baby. Then baby can lead the way for an easier childbirth.
Daily Essentials: Activities for Pregnancy Comfort & Easier Birth from Spinning Babies on Vimeo. Two half-hour daily routines. The first teaches you how to position yourself and why these exercises make birth easier. The second routine is a yoga yinyasa with words for confidence by Sarah Longacre, owner of Blooma yoga. There are lessons on maternal positioning (Rest Smart, Move Smart by Gail Tully) and avoiding sciatica in pregnancy! Download it today for comfort tonight!
Spinning Babies Parent Class gives geek-level information to parents seeking to protect their natural birth option. The exercises taught here may help turn breech, transverse, oblique or posterior fetal positions in pregnancy. Partner-assisted techniques can be used for comfort now and birth ease in labor. Parents themselves are empowered to identify a normally progressing labor from one that is stalled out, or shows signs of taking a long time. Avoid cesareans due to “size,” fetal position, or long labor with this information.
Every day I hear happy results:
- Back labor eased
- Breech babies that flip head down
- Transverse (sideways) babies suddenly turn head down – cesarean canceled!
- First labors occurring regularly in 8 hours or less
- Cesareans canceled outside the OR when a last minute technique releases the baby
- More natural births and VBACs around the world!
Together we notice that when women restore the balance in their muscles and alignment in the pelvis, birth goes better.
What is Spinning Babies?
- Aligning the uterus allows the baby to curl and enter the pelvis as a small, compact – and active participant.
- Releasing tight tissues which pull or twist releases pelvic pain now or discomfort during birth.
- Supporting what’s loose in the womb or pelvis with a pregnancy belt.
- Opening the pelvis to widen the path of the baby during the birth process.
- Sharing this birth wisdom with parents and providers in ever deepening layers of understanding birth
Gail Tully, CPM – Creator of Spinning Babies
I believe childbirth can be instinctual, pleasurable, and easier. How can I believe this when there is so much fear and talk about pain in labor? Why, some ask, would 1 in 3 American women birth by cesarean if birth was so natural?
Watching birth transform parents, powerfully and yes, sometimes pleasurably, for over 30 years, I’ve seen how helping fetal position and flexion lead to rotation and progress in labor. SpinningBabies.com is for parents, providers, doulas, and childbirth educators, online since 2002.